/(soft|hard)ware/ research and development company looking to create smart things and we’re looking for a software engineer to join our team. We pay the bills by doing business process automation work for our sister company’s corporate clients, but our real goal is to create something amazing.
Engineers have great ideas with the know-how and aptitude to bring their ideas to life – however, they often don’t have the business sense or experience to make these ideas successful. With the support of our sister company, Strombeck Consulting, and their 35 years of business experience running the back office of their corporate clients, we’ve been given the ability to pursue these ideas. 20% of every engineer’s time must be a project of their choosing, whether they dream it up themselves, or jump onto someone else’s project.
- Add to and support our internal tools.
- Maintain and support automation projects for our clients.
- Work with the team to spec and build new projects and features both internally and for our clients.
- Spend 20% of your working hours working on any project of your choosing (within reason, of course). In our 20% time we’ve made video games, apps, hardware, Alexa clones, studied new tech, and more.
More About You:
- You know what you know and are able to learn something new.
- You’d like to work on a broad range of technologies, especially ones that you are not yet familiar with.
- You’re a fast learner, can contribute from day one, and can bring good opinions to the table.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and communicate about what you’re doing with your coworkers.
More About Us:
- We try to use the right tech for the job. We’ve used over 40 different technologies across many different programming languages in the past 8 weeks.
- We think our employees should have the best tools money can buy in order to do their jobs well.
- A healthy work/life balance is very important.
- We’re growing fast – from one full time programmer a year ago to four today, one salesman, and a project manager.
- Ability to learn.
Joel Test score: 9 out of 12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy?
- Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?
Apply for this Job
If you want to create smart things with us, or just want to learn more about us or the job, send an email to [email protected] and we’ll be in touch.
If you'd like to just chat with some of the wonderful folks that work here, feel free to reach out directly to them.